- 140 grams of unsalted butter
- 100 grams of muscovado sugar
- 3 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 350 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon of soda bicarbonate
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Gingerbread cutter
- For The Decoration:
- 50 grams of icing sugar
- In a pan, melt butter, sugar, and syrup.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, soda, salt, and spices.
- Then stir in the butter mix and chopped ginger.
- Knead to make dough
- Roll out the dough to 5mm thickness and stamp out the gingerbread men
- Bake the men for 12 minutes or until golden. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- To decorate, mix icing sugar with a few drops of water until thick and smooth.
- Spoon the icing into a piping bag and make buttons, eyes and mouth of the gingerbread men. Optional- also decorate with chocolate buttons, jellybeans etc.
- 16 oz. of whole wheat elbow macaroni/macaroni
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of whole milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- Cook the macaroni according to the directions on the package.
- In a large saucepan, heat some butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for a few minutes.
- Add some milk to the saucepan and whisk well so that no lump forms.
- Cook the sauce over medium heat and season it with salt and pepper.
- Add one cup of cheddar cheese and stir it until the cheese melts.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the macaroni to the cheese sauce.
- Top it with the remaining cheese and serve.
Baked Rice Pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- 300 ml of single cream
- ½ cup rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup of caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste/or drops of Vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan, combine milk, rice, cream, sugar, the cinnamon stick, vanilla bean paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave it aside for 15 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and stir in the egg yolk.
- Pour the rice mixture into oven-proof baking dish.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg powder and bake for 1 hour until the rice is tender.
- Set aside for 10 minutes before serving.
Mint Choco Mocktail
- 2 ounces of chocolate and mint ice cream
- 1 ounce of coconut cream
- A handful of crushed ice
- 2 ounces of Half & Half (or whole milk & double cream)
- 2 teaspoons of chocolate syrup
How To Make:
- Coat the rim of a mocktail glass with chocolate syrup.
- Then combine all the ingredients in a pitcher and stir until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
French Bread Pizza
- Bread of choice-baguette
- Pizza/Pasata sauce
- Pesto sauce (optional)
- Cheese (grated)
- Onions (sliced)
- Tomatoes (sliced)
- Bell peppers (sliced)
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees
- Slice the breads and place it on a baking sheet. Spread the sauces over it. Add a layer of cheese. Use the rest of the ingredients to prepare a yummy topping. You can let your kids layer the pizza.
- Grill the bread in the oven until the cheese melts.
- All-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees
- Grease a baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients together to form a smooth paste.
- Pour it into the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Recipes from: Mom Junction